Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Case of the Indelible Denim Button Down

I have  pondered whether or not to invest in a denim shirt for a while. Phillip Lim's eccentric blouses, trousers, and jackets salvaged from patches of different denims finally convinced me to act on my intuition.  
(credit: Brands Exclusive)
His sentiment isn't in the pieces themselves, but denim's trademark versatility. I've discovered that my slightly faded denim button down is of the 'sisterhood of the traveling pants' variety for my wardrobe. No matter what skirt, pair of pants, or accessories I pair it with I always walk out of my door feeling effortless and cool. This would also be an excellent piece for backpacking or traveling when you don't have the luxury of lugging a 50-pound suitcase full of possible options. Since I have bought mine, I have rolled it up in a backpack, slept in it, and worn it approximately 10 times (not all in one sitting). It has shown no sign of wrinkles or wear -money well spent in my book. 


pom pom hat from Portlano (similar here)
chambray button down from J.Crew
double belt from  Club Monaco
gold skirt from J.crew (unavailable)
turquoise bracelet from Anthropologie
tan flats from J.Crew

xo,
The Cosseted Pauper

No comments:

Post a Comment